This position has now been filled and we are no longer accepting applications.
We’ve found We're looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a champion of human-centred design to work across an enviable list of clients and projects, with a myriad of mobile platforms and smart technologies few other studios can offer.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- £24-£27k (based on experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- 8th Feb 2016.
- Start date
Working closely with Art Directors, Developers and Project Managers on a day to day basis, the position requires a natural problem solver who can define and untangle UX challenges: transforming complex or unstructured scenarios into simple solutions. Analytical as well as highly creative you can demonstrate and execute smart and original ideas with simple, yet delightful UI design that work across a wide range of platforms and devices.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Be our human-centred design expert and evangelist.
- Own the UX/UI design life cycle from concept to execution.
- Analyse project specifications to define user requirements and functionality.
- Conduct collaborative whiteboard sessions to capture early ideas and concepts.
- Translate high-level design concepts into testable low-fidelity artefacts.
- Identify appropriate UX research, analysis and testing activities.
- Communicate your design ideas in the form of user journeys, wireframes, storyboards and mockups.
- Create high-fidelity prototypes and monitor UX testing.
- Design and prepare production-level assets for multiple platforms.
- Act as the user-advocate and ensure everything looks, feels and works as intended.
- Communicate with clients, empathising with their commercial and brand needs.
- A character and attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in UX/UI design or related field.
- 2+ years commercial experience delivering digital apps (preferably for mobile).
- Strong portfolio demonstrating high-caliber visual and interaction design skills.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Comfortable with delivering interactive prototypes using InVision, Marvel or similar tools.
- Experience conducting and measuring the results of user testing.
- Deep understanding of human-centred design and mobile UX patterns.
- Remain up-to-date with native design guidelines, such as for iOS and Android.
- Ability to present innovative ideas clearly and persuasively.
- You are detail oriented, motivated and a natural problem solver.
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback.
- Some Adobe After Effects or similar motion design experience is a plus, but not required.
- Familiar working within an agile development environment.
- Experience working with version control systems.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
- Tea, Coffee & Doughnuts!
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.