We’re looking for a talented Full Stack Web Developer to join our team of digital thinkers and makers at Rantmedia in Cardiff.
This role is an amazing opportunity for a skilled web developer to work across an enviable list of clients and varied projects, enterprise to entertainment. This is a rare opportunity to play an active role in a truly exciting and growing company.
- Contract type
- Full-time, 37.5hrs /week (Mon-Fri)
- Competitive (based on level of experience)
- Cardiff, UK
- 6th Jan 2017.
- Start date
The position requires a strong software engineering background and commercial experience building or adding to production enterprise website and web services. An accomplished problem solver, you are able to communicate complex concepts clearly and have to a highly developed ability to design multi-platform solutions. You love creating well-designed maintainable code, while helping clients form their ideas from concept to published product.
Rantmedia offers an environment to be yourself, while actively contributing to a fun culture that thrives on collaboration. We hire for attitude, so our ideal candidate is someone good-humoured with an aptitude for open communication. With an intrinsic curiosity in technological innovations, you relish every opportunity to deliver new or novel ideas in real-world applications.
- Designing and writing well architected, robust and maintainable software.
- Develop, deploy and maintain secure components using the MVC architectural pattern.
- Solve complex ideas through simple designs.
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features, taking user stories from idea to implementation.
- Provide resource estimates on development cycles and assist in prioritisation of user stories / tasks.
- Work alongside UX/UI Designers and other developers to build delightful and enduring products and experiences.
- Implement changes in development, test and production environments and ensure we launch stable updates.
- Contribute ideas to the continual development of new products.
- A character and attitude that will help foster and inspire creativity and collaboration.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of commercial experience as a web developer.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented concepts, with a proven ability in OO design and a strong passion for user centric software development.
- Microsoft technologies: C#, .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft Azure.
- Relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server, relational database analysis and design; T-SQL.
- Database design: experience of logical and physical database design.
- Working knowledge of HMTL/CSS and responsive web design
- Web services: experience creating and/or consuming RESTful or SOAP services.
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Strong understanding of cryptography as applied to web application security (encryption, hashing, PKI management), including analysis and implementation.
- Work with shared version control and source code management tools.
- Strong interaction and design sensibility.
- You are a self-starter, highly motivated, team-player.
- Ability to give and take direction or feedback.
- Working within an agile development environment having had exposure to Agile practices such as Scrum, Kanban, Sprints, User Stories, etc.
- Ability to communicate is a thoughtful and considered manner.
- Knowledge of native iOS/Android
- Experience creating mobile web applications.
- Experience working with Continuous integration (CI).
- Experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Solid knowledge of the browser security model, crypto, and network security.
- Familiarity with security tools such as static analysis, runtime analysis, black-box testing.
- Strong knowledge of the use of a scripting language for system administration and automation.
- Experience using Linux/Unix at the command line for tasks related to web application development and deployment ("DevOps").
- Experience working on software projects as part of a small team, sometimes working on your own.
- Ability to understand logical concepts, and to be able to describe them to others clearly.
- Ability to methodically work on multiple, sometimes similar tasks at once.
- An agile attitude to working, where your focus may regularly change to meet new requirements.
- An expectation to grow with the company, learning from your colleagues.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills; ability to work with minimum guidance.
We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to:
- Competitive salary.
- Company pension.
- Flexible working hours
- Spacious studio environment
- Accrue additional holiday
- Tea, Coffee & Snacks!
Our studio is home to a small and tight-knit team of designers and developers, multi-disciplinary makers who are guided by agile processes and a universal aim to bring a human touch to the digital world. We genuinely care about the work that we deliver and the talented people who help make it all possible. And while our team have already made BAFTA award-winning solutions, our best is yet to come.
To learn more about us, read our manifesto.
Apply for this position
If this sounds like you and you’re up for the challenge, we'd love to hear from you!
Please send us links to approved apps you've worked on (or GitHub page, etc) along with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be reaching out with follow-up questions and interview invites (at our office, via telephone, via skype) over the next few weeks. We look forward to hearing from you!